Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 15, 2011

Chandramukhi Baingan

Hi Guys!! As mentioned earlier, I always love to keep on experimenting different recipes since I realized the magical taste of spices. Out of my innovation, I would like to unveiled one of my favorite vegetarian dish called “Chandramukhi Baingan”. You may be wondering about the name but the fact is that it took me lot of time to name this dish. For the first time when I prepared this dish, I found that the Brinjals / Egg Plants were looked like moon shape, as if the small moons were appeared on my plate and I finally decided to name it “Chandramukhi Baingan. One thing is pretty sure that as name suggests this dish not only looks good but very delicious as well. Whenever, I serve this dish to my Guests, there is always a positive response. The cooking procedure of this dish is very easy. Here is the recipe in case you would like to try…

Ingredients:
·         Long Brinjal/ Egg Plant (Purple/ Green) – 2
·         Onion (Chopped) – 3 (Medium)
·         Tomato (Chopped) – 3 (Medium)
·         Ginger (Chopped) – 1/4 inch Piece
·         Garlic Cloves (Chopped) - 2
·         Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
·         Red Chilly Powder – 1 tsp
·         Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
·         Sambhar Powder – ½ tsp
·         Garam Masala – ¼ tsp
·         Salt as per taste
·         Cooking Oil – 5 tbsp


Preparation Method:
Ø  Cut Egg Plants / Brinjals in Round shape and keep aside.
Ø  Heat Oil in the Pan and deep fry cut Egg Plants till they turn golden brown.
Ø  Drain out excess Oil and put them in an Oil shocking paper / Tissue paper.
Ø  Heat the rest 1 tbsp of Oil in the same Pan; add Chopped Onion and sauté for 3 mins.
Ø  Then add Chopped Ginger & Garlic and sauté for 3-4 mins on medium flame.
Ø  Add Chopped Tomatoes and cook for 5 mins in medium flame.
Ø  Add Turmeric Powder; Red Chilly Powder; Cumin Powder; Sambhar Powder; Garam Masala; Salt and cook for 2 mins.
Ø  Finally add the Fried Egg Plants in the mixture and cook for 5-7 mins by covering the lid on medium flame too.
Ø  Now the “Chandramukhi Baingan” is ready. Before serving you may take out the excess oil from the dish.

Chandramukhi Baingan is well served with Steamed Rice and Roti.

1 comment: